Liver Cancer Treatment in Pune
Liver constantly filters blood circulating through the body, converting nutrients and drugs absorbed from the digestive tract into ready-to-use chemicals. It also performs many other vital functions, like removing toxins and other chemical waste products from the blood and preparing them for excretion. As blood in the body must pass through it, the liver is unusually accessible to cancer cells travelling in the blood.
Symptoms of liver cancer
Usually, the symptoms of blood are not identified in the primary stages of liver cancer. The symptoms of liver cancer may include:
- Weight loss without trying
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in upper abdominal
- Vomiting and nausea
- Normal weakness and fatigue
- Swelling in the abdominal area
- Skin may look yellowish and eyes look whitish (jaundice), chalky stools
Risk factors of liver cancer include:
- Chronic infection with HBV or HCV: Chronic infection with the hepatitis B virus (HBV) or hepatitis C virus (HCV) can increase the risk of liver cancer.
- Cirrhosis: Cirrhosis is a progressive and irreversible condition that forms scar tissue in your liver. It increases the chances of liver cancer.
- Inherited liver diseases: Hemochromatosis and Wilson’s disease can increase the risk of liver cancer.
- Diabetes: People with diabetes have a greater risk of liver cancer than those who don’t have diabetes.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: Accumulation of fat in the liver also increases the risk of liver cancer.
- Exposure to aflatoxins: Aflatoxins are poisons which get produced by molds that grow on crops that are stored poorly. Crops like corn and peanuts may become contaminated with aflatoxins, which can end up in foods made of these products. In the US, safety regulations limits aflatoxin contamination. Aflatoxin contamination is more common in several parts of Africa and Asia.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: Regular consumption of alcohol more than a moderate amount over many years may also lead to liver cancer.
Liver Cancer Treatment:
In liver cancer treatment, important factors to be considered are the stage (extent) of cancer and the health of the rest of the liver. It is also important to take into account the possible side effects of treatment, the overall health of a patient, and the chances of curing the disease, extending life, or relieving symptoms. For best liver cancer treatment in Pune visit Poona Onco Care Center.