Blood Cancer Treatment in Pune
Your blood is made up of different cell types including red blood cells for carrying oxygen, platelets to help blood clot and white blood cells that fight infections. They all originally come from stem cells, which have the potential to develop into any type of blood cell as they divide and mature. Problems in this process, known as ‘differentiation’, are at the root of all blood cancers. Different types of blood cancer depend on when and how these problems occur.
These problems often lead to your body producing large numbers of immature blood cells that can’t perform their job properly. They can also ‘clog up’ your bone marrow, which prevents other types of blood cells from doing their job too.
Types of blood cancers
There are 3 types of blood cancer
- Leukemia is a type of blood cancer starts in blood and bone marrow. It is caused due to the rapid production of abnormal white blood cells. These large number of abnormal white blood cells are unable to fight infection. Also, ruin the ability of the bone marrow to produce red blood cells and platelets.
- Lymphoma is a type of blood cancer that affects the lymph system. The lymph system helps to remove excess fluids from the body and produces immune cells i.e. lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are basically type of white blood cell that helps to fight infection. Increase in no. of abnormal lymphocytes leads to lymphoma cells which are collected in lymph nodes and other tissues. Over time, these cancerous cells ruin the immune system.
- Myeloma is a blood cancer of the plasma cells. Plasma cells are a type of white blood cells that produce antibodies for fighting disease and infection. Myeloma cells prevent the production of antibodies, thereby weakening the immune system.
Blood cancer symptoms
The common symptoms of blood cancer are as follows
- Fever, chills
- Persistent fatigue, weakness
- Loss of appetite, nausea
- Unexplained weight loss
- Night Sweats
- Bone/joint pain
- Abdominal discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent infections
- Itchy skin or skin rash
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, underarms, groin
For the best blood cancer treatment in Pune, you can contact Poona onco care centre.